Come on and Join the Buzz at the Hydro Farm Allotments.
Saturday 28th. School Garden We will be re making a Strawberry wheelie bin and a Herb Wheelie bin. They take up very little space and produce lots of Strawberries/Herbs. In the winter you can wheel your Herb Bin outside your back door, near the kitchen. We will also be planting Fruit Trees and tending the growing vegetable beds and maybe netting the our main fruit cage if we have time.Starting at 10am to 1pm and it is free.To book please call 087 2333183.
Sunday 29th. Bee Keeping with Noel Power,Chairman of the Cork Bee Keeping Association. Noel hopes to bring a live hive with him and will talk about how to keep bees. It will be a wonderful afternoon for anyone who is interested in keeping bees or for anyone who has bees.
- Starts at 2pm to about 5pm and it is €25You can pay when you come. Please ring to book a place. 087 2333183.
- May 26th. Composting and Recycling Donal O’Leary 2 to 5pm €25.
Growing Your Own Vegetables
- We offer help/advice and good ground to grow delicious food
- The soil is rich, dark, deep and organic. It has full sun in the summertime and is south facing.
- Plot Size: Each plot is about 6M X 12M with all weather pathways leading to all the plots.
- The water is deep well water with no added chemicals or chlorine and is free to the plotters to use for watering their plots. There is one shared tap per 4/5 plots.
- Compost and Mulch: There is an abundant supply of well-rotted manure and Mulch on site, free to all ‘Plotters’ for their plots.
- The New Event Centre, For Courses/ Workshops and Entertaining.
- Courtyard: We have a large walled Courtyard with a Barbecue, where people can sit and have a bite to eat/cook up or just relax in the sun and have a chat
- Tool Shed, There is a Tool Shed available to keep your garden tools. Some plotters opt to have Sheds/Poly Tunnels/Glasshouses on their plots where they keep them.
- Tea Room/Potting shed: This is off the Courtyard where there is a fridge to keep milk, sandwiches etc. while in the garden. This is a fun place where people can have a chat or a sandwich or even pot a few plants on a rainy day. We have Free Range Eggs from our poultry in the fridge, when available.
There is a large all weather car park adjacent to the Plots and Toilets on site for your comfort.
Opening times: The Allotments are open from February 1st. to the 31st. December each year and open all day every day during this time.